The Ultimate Wedding Planning Checklist for DIY Bride and Groom Planners
Planning your own wedding can be both rewarding and challenging. Use this comprehensive checklist to guide you through the steps, ensuring your big day goes off without a hitch.
Congratulations, you’re engaged! Now comes the exciting but often daunting task of planning your wedding. If you’ve chosen to don the hats of bride and groom and wedding planners, you’ve come to the right place. This ultimate checklist will help you manage every detail, large and small, as you count down to your big day.
12 Months Before:
- Budget: Decide on your budget to help guide your planning decisions.
- Guest List: Compile an initial guest list to determine the size of your wedding.
- Venue: Research and book your wedding venue.
- Date: Finalize your wedding date based on venue availability.
- Research Vendors: Begin researching photographers, DJs, florists, and caterers.
9 Months Before:
- Save the Dates: Design and send out “Save the Date” cards.
- Wedding Website: Create a wedding website with essential details for guests.
- Book Vendors: Finalize contracts with photographers, caterers, and other essential vendors.
- Dress and Attire: Start shopping for your wedding dress and bridal party attire.
6 Months Before:
- Invitations: Design and order your wedding invitations.
- Accommodations: Reserve blocks of hotel rooms for out-of-town guests.
- Registry: Create a wedding registry.
- Taste Test: Conduct food and cake tastings and finalize your menu.
- Hair and Makeup: Do a hair and makeup trial and book your stylists.
3 Months Before:
- Finalize Guest List: Confirm RSVPs and make a seating chart.
- Wedding Planning Helper: Assign someone to coordinate with the DJ and vendors on the day of the wedding since you will be busy on that day
- Rehearsal Dinner: Plan and book your rehearsal dinner venue.
- Timeline: Create a day-of timeline for your ceremony and reception.
- Vows: Write your vows if you choose to personalize them.
- Decor: Purchase or rent additional decor items like table centerpieces and lighting.
1 Month Before:
- Marriage License: Apply for your marriage license.
- Final Walkthrough: Conduct a final venue walkthrough with your vendors.
- Confirm Details: Confirm times and details with all your vendors.
- Break-in Shoes: Begin wearing your wedding shoes around the house to break them in.
- Emergency Kit: Assemble a day-of emergency kit including things like safety pins, pain relievers, and bandaids.
The Week of the Wedding:
- Last-Minute Adjustments: Make any last-minute adjustments to the timeline and seating chart.
- Spa Day: Consider a spa day for relaxation before the big day.
- Rehearsal: Conduct a ceremony rehearsal with your bridal party.
- Payments: Prepare final payments for vendors and tips in labeled envelopes.
- Pack: If you’re leaving for a honeymoon right away, pack your bags!
On The Big Day:
- Eat a Good Meal: Start your day with a filling and nutritious meal.
- Makeup and Hair: Get your hair and make-up done.
- Pre-Wedding Photos: Take pre-wedding photos as you get ready.
- Celebrate: Enjoy your day to the fullest!
Planning your own wedding can be a fulfilling endeavor. This checklist will serve as a guide to ensure you don’t miss a single detail. With careful planning and a touch of creativity, your DIY wedding is sure to be a dream come true.
Feel free to contact us for more tailored advice on making your big day as memorable as possible!